Rotorua Airport - Gateway to the Beautiful Bay of Plenty Region.
Full time role on a roster basis. Immediate start with Relocation Assistance available.
Progressive organisation with opportunity for ongoing development. The Rotorua Airport is the gateway to the beautiful Bay of Plenty region, and is an essential hub to the area. The Airport is a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) and reports to an independent board of directors. Hosting 254,000 passengers per year with daily direct Air New Zealand services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch.
We are now taking applications for a recruit firefighter to join our Fire and Operations team, a group of established and dedicated safety professionals. The Airport Fire and Operations team perform a wide variety of tasks, with the core function of the role being the provision of fire and emergency response to aviation incidents, general firefighting and medical first response to events around the airport
Fire and operations staff also carry out essential airport operational functions such as runway inspections, wildlife hazard management, overseeing health and safety for all airport users,
daily checks of specialist fire appliances and operational vehicles, airfield access and reporting functions to ensure that the airport is operated and maintained in accordance with Airport standards and Civil Aviation Authority regulations.
This is an exciting and diverse opportunity for the right individual to be part of a progressive organisation that offers opportunity for ongoing development and career progression.
The ideal candidate for this role would:
- Hold a current heavy vehicle licence – minimum class 2, class 4 would be ideal
- A current first aid certificate would be advantageous
- Current NZ Firearms licence required
- Be knowledgeable about health and safety principles and practices
- Have the ability to work in high pressure / potentially high stress situations
- Have excellent communication and customer service ability
- Be well presented, organised and capable of working unsupervised
- Be physically fit and able to undertake the demands of this role
- Previous experience in Firefighting with Fire and Emergency NZ, Defence force or Airport Firefighting would be beneficial
Amongst the many aspects to this position, the candidate would be required always to act as a brand ambassador for the organisation; as such they would need to be outgoing and friendly, with a positive attitude at all times.
Please apply online with your Cover Letter and CV to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment & Human Resource Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment. Applications close Friday 19th March 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a Fitness Assessment along with a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Test. Only those legally able to work in New Zealand are eligible to apply, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence