Chief Executive – Rotorua Airport
Rotorua – NZ’s coolest Hot Spot – it’s all go here in Rotorua – the central hub of the North Island, and there is so much on offer. Escape the treadmill and take a fresh look at what a regional city like Rotorua has on offer.
Based in the heart of the North Island, the Rotorua Airport is the gateway to the beautiful Bay of Plenty region, and being connected to every other NZ Centre on the Air NZ network ensures it is an essential hub to the area. The Airport is 100% owned by the Rotorua Lakes Council and reports to an independent board of directors. Hosting 215,000 passengers per year with daily direct Air New Zealand services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown.
The past two years has seen sound strategic vision created to maximise opportunities for this significant community asset and strategic tourism partner. We are now seeking a Chief Executive for this high profile role who will manage this $50m community asset and a key contributor to Rotorua’s economic growth. The Chief Executive will continue to work towards developing strong working relationships with the airlines and the establishment of improved South Island links, which will include development of innovative marketing strategies to support this.
The key accountabilities of this role include;
- Development and maintenance of Airport Master Plan and Statement of Intent
- Set and manage budgets, preparation of detailed financial reports for the Board
- Ensure statutory requirements and regulatory compliance are met, including Health & Safety
- Manage all operational requirements as per CAA/ICAO
- Provision of Rescue Fire service to ensure compliance under CAA
- Negotiation of key contracts such as significant suppliers, leases, pricing, and agreements
- Maintaining key relationship with external stakeholders
- Participation and initiation of joint activities with key external stakeholders which support the Airport’s strategy
- Development of innovative marketing strategies and partnerships
- Public relations – providing an integrated relationship between media, the public and the Airport
- Day to day operational matters
A key focus of this role, will be to optimise asset utilisation with a focus on domestic flights and realising opportunities that have been created by Air New Zealand’s recent regional network announcements with potential to form strategic partnerships with other airports and infrastructure providers to drive revenue opportunities and cost savings.
The successful candidate will be tertiary qualified, along with a proven track record of success within a similar role – either an airline or airport environment, with existing networks, contracts and influence. The role requires a strategically orientated person who possess strong and inspiring leadership qualities and has a demonstrated ability to proactively and positively manage change.
A politically savvy communicator who demonstrates a strong understanding of financial management, infrastructure and asset management, and maximizing returns on shareholders’ funds and company assets are also key requirements of this role.
If you are looking for the ideal location to find that essential work life balance then look no further you’ve found it here. Get off the treadmill and discover what a regional city like Rotorua has to offer – career – lifestyle – balance, you’ll find it all here! Jet-set your career here, take a departure from the rat race and plan your arrival at destination Rotorua now.
Applications for this role close 20th February 2015. Please either apply directly online or send your CV and covering letter through to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment and Human Resource Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 85 00 80
Only those entitled to work in New Zealand need apply. Applications will be treated with confidence.